Re: Oppressive YEC

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 14:18:19 EDT

    Michael writes about an issue near and dear to the hearts of
    any self-respecting ASAer :)

    >In 1971 when I started to train for the Church of England ministry there
    >were probalby 10 YEC clergy out of 12,000, there are now 1,000 out of
    >10,000.

    Man, that's some serious money I could make counseling people
    (being a former YEC myself). But, if you can't afford counseling,
    just throw up a web page! Or, better yet, do both! Then, your
    web page will be really, really effective ;)

    >> C) And, the "listserv" that I started a few weeks ago is now an
    >> organized group. It won't be long before we have a fully
    >> operational website. I can promise that this website will
    >> take the Bible away from the YEC. Please no inquiries, we
    >> need time to work on our website.

    >Whyshould you succeed when the ASA listserve has not , also the ACG site
    and
    >others.

    Because our website fully supports a historical Genesis. This takes
    the Bible away from the YEC. A TE doesn't have much to say to a YEC.
    A TE who believes the Bible is historical can kick some YbEuCtt (was
    that subtle enough?)

    >Jim, you are in for a long haul and you, like me, will be dead and buried
    >before YEC goes away.

    You don't know what the people in our group are capable of.

    >However, be persistent and winsome in your opposition to YEC and realise
    >that many old-timers have been badly hurt in the past including those who
    >have lost jobs.

    Well, I've got money in the bank and this is my full-time mission.
    If YEC is false, they don't really have God on their side. I find
    the trick is to wait on God to provide the opportunities. I have many
    stories I could tell, but this is neither the time nor the place.
    Again, PLEASE no inquiries. Our most critical asset is our website.
    It's maybe about 25% done. The content is 85% done. And, we are
    becoming a non-profit org. And, we have a name and a URL. At least the
    voting will be done by 8:00 Monday eastern. Thanks for your interest,
    Michael - and if you want to be a leader, let me know. You don't have
    to be part of our group. You just have to throw up a web page that we
    can link to.

    Jim