Re: A matter of trust?

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 16:32:50 EDT

    Some responses for Vernon
       No.114944 (4) On your web page I observe you have inserted an estimate of the time that has elapsed since each of the creatures you describe lived. The impression created is that this time sequence was derived independently of the alleged evolutionary sequence. Is this indeed so?

      Please Vernon, estimates of geological time have absolutely nothing at al to do with evolution. They are based on the physics of radioactive decay and as Brent Dalrymple the leading american geochronologist said evolutionists will simply have to put up with geological determinations of age whether they are too small or too large. The geological timescale is not dependent on evolution despite the whoppers/porkies/fibs/economies with truth/terminological inexactitudes of YECs. Those, like me, who have worked in the precambrian know that you can work out a good geological column without fossils. As I had been working on the precambrian when I read the Genesis Flood it was the alleged circular argument which convinced me of its falsity.
      Remember geology predated evolution and the following geological periods were first worked out by anti-evolutionists, - Cambrian, Silurian, Carboniferous, Permian, Tertiary and Quaternary. I am not sure about the rest. As Vernon lives in Wales he should know that the geology of Wales was worked out by good bible-believing evangelicals like Sedgwick, Henslow buckland etc.

      (5) I believe the logic of my original observation stands, and I suggest that it is therefore appropriate that we look for a more reasonable interpretation of the fossil evidence. How would you respond to my belief that the creatures you describe lived contemporaneously in the earth's waters some 6000 years ago - each having been created independently as a distinct 'kind'?

      No support from science and no support from the Bible

      Regards

      Michael