Re: Brachiators On Our Family Tree?

From: Jonathan Clarke (jdac@alphalink.com.au)
Date: Sat Apr 20 2002 - 01:31:35 EDT

    Livingstone's "Darwin's Forgotten Defenders" mentions Winchall, he also lists Wheadon, M'Causland, Torrey (a contribuitor to "The Fundamentals"), and Ambrose Fleming (a founder of the evoution protest movement in Britain) as late 19th and early 20th century supporters of Preadamism. More recently it supposedly has has been supported Rendle- Short, John Stott, and Sam Berry.

    Livingstone also published a paper on the subject. It is "Preadamites: the history of an idea from heresy to orthodoxy", Scottish Jourtnal of Theology 40 (1987): 41-66.

    Jon