Re: Brachiators On Our Family Tree?

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 22:57:40 EDT

    David Campbell wrote:

    >The idea of a relatively late Adam, subsequent to the appearance of modern
    >behaviors, is also advocated by Kidner in the Tyndale series commentary on
    >Genesis (InterVarsity Press).

    I read Kidner and must have missed that. I certainly would have used it
    had I seen it.

    Jonathan Clarke wrote:

    >>Victor E Pearce in "Who was Adam?" (Paternoster, 1969) also advocated a
    Neolithic Adam. The idea of Preadamites had a long history, going back at
    least to the 19th century.<<

    Alexander Winchell wrote The Preadamites in 1888. He did figure out that
    Adam came too late to start the human race, but reckoned he was just in
    time to start the Caucasion race. So all the Preadamites were
    non-white. He even included engravings of each racial type just so we
    could make no mistake what he meant. I doubt you will find his book in
    many libraries today. He was department chair of the University of
    Michigan's biology department as I remember

    Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
    "The answer we should have known about 150 years ago"