Re: Brachiators On Our Family Tree?

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 05:27:27 EDT

    Dick writes

    >I don't think for one minute the Hebrew's thought generic men, of
    >whom they were aware, were created in God's image. We may think so, but I
    >don't think they thought so.

    Although this makes complete sense to me, let me add some
    "psychological cushioning." It's common knowledge that the
    Jewish people are considered the chosen people. In the end
    (as has often been stated on this listserv) it is Christ who
    matters. There may be a chosen people for God's purposes in
    history. But somewhere in the NT it says that salvation is
    available to all who receive Him.

    So, let's let the Hebrews be the "special ones of God." It's
    all part of His plan.

    Jim