Re: Behe and Johnson are up front

From: Terry M. Gray (grayt@lamar.colostate.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 12:48:53 EDT

    Hi everyone,

    I have to agree with James here. What seems to be true, however, is
    along the lines of what Keith Miller said. These guys have no place
    for a theistic evolution that looks very similar to atheistic
    evolution with respect to the science (it doesn't seem to me that
    they are particular interested in theology). If you can't use
    irreducible complexity to argue against "naturalistic" explanations,
    then you're not on our side! Michael Robert's comments about the
    difference between Asa Gray and Mike Behe are apropos. I've argued,
    based on my theological perspective, that everything is designed.
    This drives these guys crazy and while I have pleaded with them (with
    Phil at least) to keep the focus on philosophy and religion, they
    insist on focusing on the science. As such, I can't join in and they
    don't want me because I defend the enemy. You don't know how much
    flack along those lines I have received since 1994 for my anti-Behe
    article. Well, maybe some of you do...you see I both hand out and
    collect "guilt trip tickets" =;-)>

    TG

    --
    Fort Collins, Colorado  80523