RE: cosmology & polygamy

From: John (Burgy) Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 10:07:08 EDT

    >>In the context of an all-out , centuries-long struggle for existence with
    >>the Canaanites, perhaps all Israel wanted to see of God was that He would
    >>crush the enemy with overwhelming power.From this they (mis?) interpreted
    >>God's word to them in terms of a genocidal " Holy" War".
    Another approach may be simply old style dispensationalism. In the Old
    Testament dispensation, Israel is permitted to do things forbidden under the
    present dispensation.
    I have to admit, neither approach really satisfies me. My 0.02 cents...

    Thanks. I tend to think the first of these is the most satisfying. But, like
    you, not "satisfying enough."

    John B