Re: Who can you trust?

From: Allen Roy (allenroy@peoplepc.com)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 20:23:31 EST

    From: Michael Roberts <topper@robertschirk.u-net.com>
    > I first read the Genesis Flood in 1971 whne at L'Abri after I came back
    from
    > working as a geologist in africa for 3 years. Initially I thought it a
    > powerful argument thogh it went against all my geology. However after a
    few
    > hours I started to spot misquotations and misrepresentations by the dozen.

    > I would suggest that all YECs go through all YEC publications and correct
    > the misquotations therein starting with the Genesis Flood by Morris and
    > Whitcomb. I think that would sort out many of the problems and heat in the
    > Creation/Evolution debate.
    >
    > I look forward to the 2nd edit of the Genesis Flood with no misquotations

    Hi.

    I mentioned your thoughts to some friends of mine. We agree that
    misquotation is unacceptable. And we would be willing to study up on and
    check out each of the quotes from the Genesis Flood which are considered to
    be misquotations. Perhaps we can start with chaper 1 and work our way
    through the book. I do not have a copy of the book, but I'm certrain an
    among us we will have access to the book. It may be that someone has a web
    site which deals with this topic and that can be a useful resource.

    One point that needs to be agreed upon is just what exactly constitutes a
    misquote. I imagine this may become clear as we consider each proposed
    misquote.

    Perhaps after finishing the Genesis Flood, we might take on "Shattering the
    myths of Darwinism" by Milton. Then move back to some YEC book.

    Allen