Re: Creationism in the UK (Utley v Dawkins)

From: Michael Roberts (topper@robertschirk.u-net.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 16:40:33 EST

    The clever ploy was to downplay Evolution and not insist on its teaching nor that on the age of the earth. Teachers under pressure to complete the syllabus could simply leave them out and thus another generation would not know the scientific arguments for the vast age of the earth and make them easy prey for YEC as if people cannot grasp the arguments they will swallow the pseudoscience of Creationism. Further it is one thing to criticise evolution but it is another to use faulty critiques such as Gish or Jon wells which students would not be able to see through.

    Michael