Re: Current Events

From: John (Burgy) Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 13:42:14 EST

    Dave wrote: " If (2), we have the problem of what the deity was doing
    earlier, what kind of "finger-twiddling" engaged it in eternity past. More
    difficult a problem, what triggered the sudden initiation of matter? How
    could it take an eternity of discursive reasoning by this deity to come up
    with a desire to "create"? ... To summarize, in addition to all the problems
    process theology has with orthodox theology, I think it falls apart from
    purely philosophical problems. I see it as at root irrational."

    I may have a problem with PT, but #2 above does not seem to be a problem.
    "Finger twiddling" is a pejorative term, of course, but it can apply as well
    to conventional supernatural theism. And whil "waht initiated" is, indeed a
    question we have no possibility of addressing, at least in this life, there
    are many such questions that may be asked, and this one does not seem (to
    me) to be different in kind from others. Difficult? I'd assert that it is
    simply not possible for finite and limited humanity. It is also not possible
    for me to jump up to the moon, but I don't worry much about that. < G >

    Burgy