RE: Science and religion: two ways of knowing

From: Woodward Norm Civ WRALC/TIEDM (Norm.Woodward@robins.af.mil)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 14:05:36 EST

    While I have not found the exact quote, from what I have seen written by
    Nobel Laureate Steven Weinberg, the quote Shuan ascribed to him is probably
    correct.

    Similarly, I could not confirm a quote I had seen attributed to Lord Kelvin,
    "Science and religion are truly opposed, but like thumb and forefinger.
    Between the two, all things may be grasped."

    Norm Woodward

    Warner Robins Georgia