RE: Creationism in the UK (Utley v Dawkins)

From: Shuan Rose (shuanr@boo.net)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 10:05:56 EST

    Sadly, many atheists do not see it this way. I recently argued this on a
    thread on the Internet Infidels forum and almost to a person they insisted
    that what Richard Dawkins said was entirely true and that that thy wished
    that that they were more outspoken atheists like him! They just did not seem
    to appreciate the political problems posed by the "advocates" of evolution
    going around saying that evolution supports atheism, that science shows that
    the Bible is wrong, etc. Let there be more of Dawkins and Provine was their
    motto.
    ou can read the gory details at
    http://iidb.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=58&t=000466

    One point that did come out was there seems to be only one Christian
    scientist speaking in favor of evolution ( Kenneth Miller). I guess I should
    have reminded them that there was another Miller ( Keith) who has spoken
    out, and who has even made it onto TV, like Ken did! ( They probably get
    them confused. I know I once did!)
    There is probably a need for more Christian scientists to join the fray.
    Unfortunately, they risk be tarred as " Judases", "so- called Christians"
    and "liberals" by the likes of Phillip Johnson, and as timid by such as
    Dawkins, so I understand why they are reluctant.