Re: review of Pennock's book

From: John (Burgy) Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 29 2002 - 12:16:46 EST

    >>Perhaps we could take a poll of ASAers who are or have been practicing
    scientists and ask them if they think methodological naturalism (I prefer
    not to capitalize it--capital letters have a way of serving ideological
    agendas) is a religion.>>

    I can think of no way that MN is a religion, not in any sense of either
    phrase. I can see where PN (philosophical naturalism) might be so described,
    but I am not comfortable with the arguments supporting this position.

    Burgy