Re: Qs for Dr. Collins

From: gordon brown (gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 16:15:13 EST

    Vernon,

    I see nothing wrong with Allen's question as a topic of discussion on this
    listserv. What I do find inappropriate is that it appears that Allen was
    trying to initiate a debate with Dr. Collins. I don't think that was the
    reason that Dr. Collins was invited to join this list this week. We should
    be asking questions concerning his field of expertise in order for us to
    be better informed on those topics.

    Gordon Brown
    Department of Mathematics
    University of Colorado