Re: YEC

From: Jonathan Clarke (jdac@alphalink.com.au)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 00:46:16 EST

    Could not resist this one.

    Hi Troy

    It sounds like your church, even though it is a KJV Baptist one, is following a
    line that can be traced directly back to the Adventist Harold Clark. Clark
    also believed, as do some current SDAs such as Ariel Roth, that the earth and
    universe are old, but that life and the geological strata are young. I don't
    know how to label this position, but it is certainly not that of the historic
    Baptist churches, nor is it strict YEC in the style of Henry Morris. Perhaps
    "Old earth young geology creationists" (OEGEC)?

    Jon