RE: ASA Perspective

From: Don Perrett (don.perrett@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 15:04:52 EST

    Not to interject, but why would God create a text only intended for the
    people of the time. If that is the case then the Bible was written only the
    writers audience, which suggests that the text is not inspired by God but
    rather the writer's understanding of the God he perceived. If we accept that
    the Bible is in fact the truth for all people of all eras then it must be
    written in such a way as to be understandable and believable to all
    generations. This is why the Bible is general at times. This allows for each
    generation to understand using their own knowledge of God and nature. Our
    Constitution is set up the same way. Making new interpretations of the Bible
    is not heresy, it is in fact encouraged by God. We must only have the intent
    of doing so for God's good and not our own.
    Don P