Re: ASA Perspective

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 20:44:06 EST

    SteamDoc@aol.com wrote:

    > For Walt's sake I should have been clearer about what I meant. When I said YEC "advocates," I was referring to the *leaders and spokesmen* of that movement. Sure, there are many people in the pews like Walt's friend who believe the Earth is young but accept that a faithful Christian could disagree. As Burgy mentioned, even some leaders of the YEC movement may admit that in private. But if you read a YEC book or see a YEC presentation, almost always the message will be that YEC is the *only* Christian position.

    Two points:

    1.) I would like to see some proof of this statement. When I look at the
    ICR website (www.icr.org), I see no indication of this. The cited
    criteria to be a Christian are what I generally see posted here.

    2.) If the "leaders" feel that way but many "believers" do not, then one
    should give any specific individual the benefit of the doubt.

    Walt

    --
    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>

    In any consistent theory, there must