Re: ASA Perspective

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 21:24:42 EST

    At 06:06 PM 11/03/02 -0500, Walter Hicks wrote:
    >Michael Roberts wrote:
    > >
    > > What is current naturalist science?
    >
    >The material that is presented on this listserve about evolution or what
    >may be found on origins.org.

    Here we go again. Talking in generalities makes answering impossible.

    >To which I say "poppycock". You can make anything "infallible" if you
    >just reinterpret the Bible every time that it does not hold water -- and
    >call it theology. Reality is that the Bible is inspired writing but it
    >does, in fact, have errors within it. Where does the Bible itself claim
    >to be infallible?
    >

    >Walt

    I am sorry, but this way of talking does not get us anywhere. You
    apparently do not know what theology is, nor do you appear to know what
    science is. That makes talking almost impossible. I don't deny that
    errors came into the translations, and the copying of the Bible, but the
    number of these "errors" are small.

    Jan de K.