RE: ID in Ohio, proposed changes to curriculum

From: Woodward Norm Civ WRALC/TIEDM (Norm.Woodward@robins.af.mil)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 15:07:38 EST

    George wrote:
            A petition opposing inclusion of ID in Ohio science standards can be
    found at http://www.petitiononline.com/idno/petition.html. I would
    encourage
    especially residents of Ohio and science educators to sign it, but it is
    open to
    everyone.

    I would like to partially concur with George, in that all concerned
    residents of Ohio, and especially those who are science educators, should
    make their opinions known to the State Board of Education.
    However, if that board took the opinions of outsiders with more than a grain
    of salt, they wouldn't be doing their jobs very well.
    Of course, I may just have a sour grapes attitude about this: while the
    Brotherhood of Darwinism seem to have rallied around this issue pretty well,
    the ID-ers seem to think, in the end, that scientific facts and common sense
    will rule the day.
    It is ironic that these people give the citizens, and leaders, of Ohio more
    credit to be able to understand science than do Ohio's science teachers.
    Norm Woodward
    Warner Robins GA