Human origin of the doctrine of inerrancy?

From: RDehaan237@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 06:59:33 EST

    In a message dated 03/01/02 12:42:30 AM, PHSEELY@aol.com writes:

    << This is the heart of the Hydra.

    Where does the Bible teach that divine inspiration guarantees the inerrancy
    of biblical history and science? I say it is a human tradition, not a
    biblical
    teaching. Let whoever will, show us from Scripture that this doctrine is
    really biblical.

    Paul >>

    Paul, I am in agreement with you; but on the other hand, more needs to be
    said than merely to declare, "I say it is a human tradition." Your challenge
    works both ways, "Show from history that the doctrine of inerrancy is a human
    tradition." Where did this doctrine originate? Where and when was it first
    promulgated? Can the human origin of this doctrine be identified? Surely,
    some church historian has written on this subject. Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Bob