RE: Human origins and doctrine (was Definition of "Species")

From: Adrian Teo (ateo@whitworth.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 12:35:22 EST

    Hello David,

    Thank you for framing the issue so clearly. I would agree that the processes
    you described are probably scientifically indistinguishable, which BTW,
    seems to support my contention that OEC is a viable alternative for
    Christians who do not reject science.

    > A separate question is whether purely physical processes
    > can account for spirituality. As spirituality is not physical,
    > the answer seems to be no. However, this does not rule
    > out some sort of spiritual evolution according to
    > metaphysical laws, in parallel with physical evolution, nor
    > the possibility that a certain level of physical development
    > automatically entails spirituality according to some
    > metaphysical law. Neither of these have greater appeal for
    > me than the idea that God simply endowed spiritual
    > natures without the means of metaphysical law, but I do not
    > know of data that would test between these options.

    Again, I fully agree with you on the relative (lack of) appeal of such
    speculations.

    Blessings,
    Adrian.