RE: Human origins and doctrine (was Definition of "Species")

From: Adrian Teo (ateo@whitworth.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2002 - 12:24:48 EST

    Hello Bob,

    The Orthodox believe that humans automatically inherit the corruption and
    mortality of the first man, but not the guilt. They place much emphasis on
    human freedom and that grace continues to act on fallen humanity, albeit
    externally rather than from within. Whatever the case may be (Eastern or
    Western views), polygenism is rejected by both sides (I believe), and both
    agree that the historical Adam transmitted something bad to all of us as a
    result of his (and Eve's) *freely* chosen act. One cannot deny the histority
    of Adam.

    Blessings,

    Adrian.