Re: Genesis One and Concordism (was a lot of other things previously)

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 04:59:18 EST

    Hi Paul. In Gen 1:1 and concordism (was Apology) you wrote

    >Preach God as a Father caring enough to speak to his little children in
    terms of their pre-understanding.

    Thanks for that remark. It fits beautifully.

    I wanted to at least respond to that much. We may disagree about Genesis
    One, but I have no argument with that.

    As far as your comments about Genesis One, I haven't had time to fully
    review them yet.
    One quick thought, though.

    You wrote

    >Gen 1:1 "God created the heavens and the earth." is taken by most scholars
    >today as either an introductory title or summary covering the entire
    creation
    >story down to 2:4

    Most, perhaps, but not all. And have scholars ever been wrong before? I
    haven't studied all the work of all the scholars. But could "God created
    the heavens and the earth" simply mean that God created the heavens and the
    earth? I don't want to disrespect scholarship, I just want to debate that
    notion.

    Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'm starting to realize that we have
    more in common than I thought. -Jim