Re: Genesis One that Fits

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 10:43:33 EST

    Keith Miller quoted:

    >"I believe in the inerrancy of Scripture, and maintain it in print, but I
    >cannot see that anything Scripture says, in the first chapters of Genesis
    >or elsewhere, bears on the biological theory of evolution one way or the
    >other. (J. I. Packer, 1978, The Evangelical Anglican Identity Problem, p. 5)

    H'mmm ... Inerrant Scripture, including the divine creation of Adam out of
    the dust and Eve from his rib, does not "bear" on the biological theory of
    evolution which says that man descended from apes? What cloud does J. I.
    live on? If it was this easy Henry Morris would still be a hydraulic engineer.

    Perhaps he is just lowering the bar for inerrancy, preparing the way for The
    Inerrant Washington Post and The Inerrant New York Times. Or, for that
    matter, The Inerrant National Inquirer.

    Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
    "The answer we should have known about 150 years ago"