Re: Genesis One and Concordism (was a lot of other things previously)

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 11:54:35 EST

    Hi Jim,

    So that you will not feel 100% alone, I have always thought of Genesis
    One as amazingly close to what current science has to say. I don't
    consider it to be a science textbook, but the general structure is
    something that strikes me as something quite unexpected from a culture
    thousands of years old. I may be wrong but I think that other cultures
    were far removed from anything like this and had rather bizarre outlooks
    by modern standards. In fact, as recently as the fifties (when I was in
    college), The big bang was ridiculed as something that was adopted only
    by non atheists who believed in "a beginning" to the universe. When the
    background radiation was discovered, Jastro(?) noted that when
    astronomers climbed to the top of mountain of discovery, they found it
    inhabited by philosophers who had been there for thousands of years. (or
    something like that).

    I have always taken Genesis One to indicate some degree of "insider
    knowledge". They often jump my bones for that attitude.

    I may not be correct, but at least I am company.

    Walt

    --
    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>

    In any consistent theory, there must