RE: Do animals ever "sin" (was something else)

From: Woodward Norm Civ WRALC/TIEDM (Norm.Woodward@robins.af.mil)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 12:26:41 EST

    I have accepted your arguments concerning our coexistence with other living
    beings in heaven, our new "Eden," as hinted at in Romans 8, and imaged at
    Isaiah 11 and 65.

    But I will continue to agree to disagree about your interpretation of
    "things in heaven and on earth" in Colossians and Ephesians. As usual, the
    Bible itself is its own best concordance, and a parallel usage of the phrase
    a few verses earlier in Colossians makes it plain that the term applies
    specifically to "...thrones, or dominions, or rulers or authorities..."
    These are the "things" that He established, and has reconciled to Himself "
    having made peace through the blood of His cross."

    Sure, I will admit that there are large gaps in our understanding of the
    full implications of the Cross. But to ascribe "atonement" and "salvation"
    to beings which, at least according to the consensus I seem to see here, do
    not sin, would seem to demean the purposes and the actions of God.

    I will let you or others have the last word.

    Norm Woodward