Re: Harry Rimmer not a YEC; Rimmer and Morris

From: Jonathan Clarke (jdac@alphalink.com.au)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 23:21:41 EST

    Hi Ted

    I have never read Rimmer, so I find this interesting.

    So some ruminations on what you wrote. It fits what little I have read about
    Rimmer, that he was not consistent. I have read Price though, and although he
    was convinced that the flood was global and responsible for the geological
    record, and that life was created recently, as I remember he was prepared to
    concede an old earth and universe. Perhaps therefore it is unfair for me to
    call him a true YEC, even though Morris et al are his intellectual children and
    he doubtless would be at home in their company.

    If this is the case then there has been a real hardening of opinion on this
    matter amongst scientific creationists and their supporters. I have nearly
    finished John Mac Arthur's book and nearly wept to think that this represents
    the opinion of a leading evangelical pastor in the US. The SDAs have, I
    understand become much less doctrinaire, many now being old earth and most of
    the rest being old earth but recent creation of life, as I read them.

    Jon