Re: Glenn makes front page of AiG today

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 18:01:08 EST

    Glenn wrote: "Burgy, from Allen's point of view that is exactly the
    choice. That is what
    YEC leaders teach. If evolution is true, then there is no God. And so,
    they set their followers up to become atheists when they learn about
    science. The YECs would be absolutely amazed at how many former YECs
    become atheists. Indeed, I think it is the quickest path to atheism."

    Yeah. I know. We are singing from the same page of the hymnbook here,
    Glenn. It is sad. Still -- based on what I see, they are winning the
    hearts and minds(?) of the multitudes. And I see no way that tide is
    going to be turned, at least not in my lifetime.

    But, as Edmund Burke observed, "Just because only a little can be done,
    it does not excuse one from doing what he can." (paraphrased), we must
    keep on keeping on in the gallant battle. Fundamentalism is only 90 years
    old, it has a good way to go before it dies. That it will die, I have
    little doubt. And, as Allen well knows, both you and I, along with many
    here, are committed to killing it just a little bit sooner by our
    arguments and testimonies.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)