RE: Glenn makes front page of AiG today

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 22:33:34 EST

    Hi Burgy,

    This is why I continue to confront them. I have had good friends tell me
    that it is sad to see the body at war with itself, but frankly, I wish
    someone had fought hard to keep me from ever having become a YEC. I would
    give almost anything never to have been one. But when I became a YEC, no
    one was fighting them in the church, no one was pointing out how poorly they
    explained things, how they had to use contradictory explanations for
    different situtations, how they violate the laws of physics, the laws of
    chemistry, the logic of math, and the reality of biology. No one pointed out
    how they misquoted and misunderstood the science of geology and wove a story
    absolutely inconsistent with observation. No one was actively pointing out
    how they make the universe a big illusion and our God a big liar. No one
    fought for me and I sank into YEC.

    personal stories of struggle