RE: Redheads descended from Neanderthals?

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 09:10:03 EST

    Behalf Of Dick Fischer
    >Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2002 1:33 PM
    >To: asa@calvin.edu
    >Subject: Re: Redheads descended from Neanderthals.?

    >Glenn Morton wrote:
    >
    >To say we have blood ties to Neanderthal, as those of us who originated
    from northern
    >Europe apparently do (my grandmother and father both had red hair), does
    not mean
    >that as a race we did not arise out of Africa in the second migration.

    Hi Dick,

    You misunderstand the 'Out of Africa' name. That is the name of the
    hypothesis that we are all descended from the later migration out of Africa.
    As you correctly note, we came from Africa regardless. Thus, in the
    confusing way that scientific theories are named occasionally, a rejection
    of the Out of Africa theory does not reject the concept that we came our of
    Africa! I believe, as you note, that we are descended from those who came
    out in the earlier migration.

    personal stories of struggle
    Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
    "The answer we should have known about 150 years ago"