Re: Redheads descended from Neanderthals?

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 20:59:15 EST

    At 07:27 PM 29/01/02 -0500, PHSEELY@aol.com wrote:

    >I don't want to get into the "soul-spirit" idea in the NT, but in the OT,
    >every fish, animal, and bird has a "living soul", nephesh hayah (Gen 1:21,
    >30, et al) the same thing which Adam becomes in 2:7. It is not unique to
    >mankind.

    Can we speak about "having" a soul? Is it not better to speak of being a
    "soul"? This discussion would need to go then into a different direction
    as well. Personally, I believe that the moment of my death is the moment
    of my resurrection. As we read that we will not go ahead of people going
    before us, but that all of us will be raised and as it were together with
    the ones still living and the ones dead for centuries, we will meet
    Jesus. We become a living "soul" again.
    I would like to see a thorough study of the use of "nephesh" in the OT,
    which then has to be carried forth into a study of the NT. Thus far I have
    not seen many studies in English on this subject.
      This doctrine and the doctrine of the creation of time are closely
    connected, and need to be discussed. Is "time' a fourth dimension of our
    present existence, which will be completely different in
    eternity? Personally, the only thing I am sure of is, that we will be with
    Jesus.

    Jan de K.