Re: P.J. Bowler book

From: Jack Haas (haasJ@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Jan 15 2002 - 04:33:04 EST

    Karl,

    Your assertion that Bowler's 'main intent was to deal with liberal theology
    and non-materialistic science' is a bit off the mark. There was little
    evangelical thinking to cite viz. Oliver Barclay (Whatever Happened to the
    Jesus Lane Lot (or something like that) and Michael Roberts.

    When an evangelical appeared after WWII - C. A. Coulson - Bowler gives him a
    thumbs up (p. 415ff). John Brooke kept an eye on the manuscript which I
    think would keep the discussion evenhanded.

    Jack Haas