Re: Dembski

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 12:18:16 EST

    Tim wrote: "Most of the professionals I've known easily separate the
    "wheat from the chaff" on such poorly supported metaphysical opinions."

    That might be because you are in academia. I lived in the government
    lab/business world during my career. The few persons I knew who even
    thought about such things tended to not study them through very
    thoroughly, and if I ever mentioned such a thing as "methodological
    naturalism, their eyes would glaze over. Exceptions were rare.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)