Re: [NEWS] Press Release: Dembski attacks Pennock and MIT Press

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 12:11:46 EST

    Glenn wrote: "Burgy, exactly how does one do what Johnson wants?"

    That's far too tough a question for me, Glenn. I suppose I "could do what
    he wants" by rejecting methodological naturalism as a foundation for
    science. Pragmatically, I just do not believe that would work -- the
    scientific enterprise would suffer (not if just I did it, of course, but
    if all or most scientists did it).

    When I go to a baseball game, I expect it to be played naturalistically
    -- I do not expect supernaturalistic interventions such as in the film of
    a few years ago, "Angels in the Outfield." Such things may or may not
    make good films but can you imagine a scientist expecting a god to
    intervene in his or her experiments or observations?

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)