RE: "Flower in the Crannied Wall"

From: Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@uncwil.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 12:53:51 EST

    Dear George,

    Perhaps I read more into the poem that is warranted. But the real question is
    what is the minimum you need to know to determine the whole of the physical
    world. To say it differently, if a theory of everything (TEO) explains the
    flower, can we work backward from the flower and determine the TEO. Regarding
    what God is, I believe that the existence of nature already tells man that
    there is a Creator and that that Creator is indeed God. Now there is a
    conscious being who is observing the flower and I believe that conscious being
    can know its sin nature and thus may understand Christ very readily. Of
    course, the latter, you are right, is a historical event or else revealed
    truth.

    Take care,

    Moorad

    >===== Original Message From george murphy <gmurphy@raex.com> =====
    > To say that we could know "what God is" if we knew the flower in the
    >crannied wall thoroughly enough is the worst type of natural theology. It is
    an
    >assertion that a natural knowledge of God can take the place of revelation.
    The
    >flower - or anything else in creation - can tell us something about the true
    God

    <topper@robertschirk.u-net.com>