Re: Staged developmental creation.

From: RDehaan237@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 11:01:15 EST

    In a message dated 11/14/01 1:42:23 PM, hvantill@novagate.com writes:

    << Bob, any suggestions as to what actually was modified? Were the rules of

    quantum mechanics changes? Were the values of one or more of the fundamental

    constants changed? Were the natures of interaction forces modified? Was the

    nature of space changed? Any one of these modifications would indeed alter

    the formational capabilities of atoms, molecules and cells. >>

    Howard,

    The answer to all your options is, no. I am not talking about *altering* or
    *modifying* any existing formational capabilities in the prebiotic universe.
    The prebiotic conditions on earth had not been altered, they provided the
    context in which life appeared. They were necessary but not sufficient. On
    the other hand, no one has shown that the prebiotic conditions by themselves
    were sufficient to produce the first living cell.

    I am talking about adding *new* formational capabilities to the prebiotic.
    Obviously we do not yet understand what these new formational capabilities
    were. If we did we would have complete understanding of nature of life.
    Alternately, as we learn more about the nature of life, we will understand
    more about what the new formational capabilities were that formed the first
    living cell.

    The more we discover about the biological cell, however, the more irreducibly
    complex we are finding it to be. In my last post I outlined a few of these
    complexities, so I won't repeat them. Whatever these new formational
    capabilities were, they must account for this complexity.

    There is no point in pressing me to specify more exactly what these new
    formational capabilities were. I am unable to do so. That, however, is not
    a weakness in my position. Simply because I cannot explain them does not
    mean the addition of new formational capabilities was not necessary. It
    simply means that at this point no one knows how life appeared, or how the
    prebiotic universe could have produced it. If you do then you should tell us.

    So my question for you. What formational capabilities did the prebiotic
    universe and planet earth possess that caused the first living biological
    cell to be formed? I would be interested in your explanation of the origin of
    life in your system.

    Thanks.

    Bob