Re: Staged developmental creation.

From: Howard J. Van Till (hvantill@novagate.com)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 13:31:21 EST

    >From: RDehaan237@aol.com

    > In a message dated 11/14/01 1:42:23 PM, hvantill@novagate.com writes:
    >
    > << Bob, any suggestions as to what actually was modified? Were the rules of
    >
    > quantum mechanics changes? Were the values of one or more of the fundamental
    >
    > constants changed? Were the natures of interaction forces modified? Was the
    >
    > nature of space changed? Any one of these modifications would indeed alter
    >
    > the formational capabilities of atoms, molecules and cells. >>
    >
    > Howard,
    >
    > The answer to all your options is, no. I am not talking about *altering* or
    > *modifying* any existing formational capabilities in the prebiotic universe.
    > The prebiotic conditions on earth had not been altered, they provided the
    > context in which life appeared. They were necessary but not sufficient. On
    > the other hand, no one has shown that the prebiotic conditions by themselves
    > were sufficient to produce the first living cell.
    >
    > I am talking about adding *new* formational capabilities to the prebiotic.

    But all formational capabilities (both old ones or new ones) are intimately
    related to each of the factors that I listed: the rules of QM, the values
    of the fundamental constants, the nature of interaction forces, the nature
    of space, etc.

    How can any new formational capability be added without a modification of
    some sort?

    skip a bit....

    > So my question for you. What formational capabilities did the prebiotic
    > universe and planet earth possess that caused the first living biological
    > cell to be formed? I would be interested in your explanation of the origin of
    > life in your system.

    My hypothesis (and that's the correct term) is that the exact same
    formational capabilities now present were able, in the circumstances that
    prevailed early in earth history, to actualize potentialities for
    metabilizing systems that eventually became cells and multi-cellular
    organisms.

    Howard