Re: PBS Evolution (and Keith Miller)

From: Brent Foster (bdfoster@shrinkweb.com)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 13:45:50 EDT

    The idea that all humanity is physically descended from a historical Adam and Eve is not as far-fetched as it may sound. If you accept evolution, and that at some point God breathed spiritual life into an individual within a population of early humans, then it is not unlikeley that all humainty is physically decended from that indivdual. In this scenario it's possible that Adam sinned because of a selfish desire that he yielded to instead of obeying God. This selfishness, working to his benefit from an earthly perspective, would have been a selective advantage, increasing in proportion in future generations. Sinful indivuals would quickly replace all others. In this way we all inherit the sinful nature of Adam.

    Just an idea. Please don't call me a heretic.

    Brent

    --- SteamDoc@aol.com