Re: geology, good science and a quest for info

From: SteamDoc@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 20:06:04 EDT

    In a message dated 9/19/01 7:15:32 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
    HUBBARD@cofo.edu writes:

    > These included:
    > -2nd law of thermodynamics (still not sure what that had to do with
    > their arguement?)

    As a professional thermodynamicist, I got so tired of hearing that particular
    nonsense that I wrote an essay on it, which is at:
    http://members.aol.com/steamdoc/writings/thermo.html

    > On a somewhat related note, our college (College of the Ozarks in
    > SW Missouri) will be hosting "Dr." Carl Baugh in November for
    > lectures on intelligent design. Should be interesting. I will keep
    > you posted on that one.

    If you go to google.com and search on "Carl Baugh", the first page will
    return some links to information on his false claims, phony academic
    credentials, etc. Much of this information was prepared by one of the more
    "mainstream" creationist organizations, who rightly regard Baugh as an
    embarrassment to their movement.

    Growing up in South Central Missouri, I got a favorable impression of College
    of the Ozarks (School of the Ozarks back then, as I recall) as a worthy
    institution, committed to Christian scholarship and integrity. If they are
    sponsoring lectures by the likes of Carl Baugh, I may have to rethink that
    impression.

    Dr. Allan H. Harvey, Boulder, Colorado | SteamDoc@aol.com
    "Any opinions expressed here are mine, and should not be
     attributed to my employer, my wife, or my cats"