Re: astrology & ASA's big tent

From: Guy Blanchet (guyblanchet@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 05:35:26 EDT

    Mr. Murphy,

    The question is not whether or not ASA should be a big tent and admit
    non-traditional scientists such as astrologers in the ASA membership.
    Those who will want to become members will be ultimately screened by
    what ASA's mission, vision and values are. ASA will attract a specific
    crowd if ASA is clear on what it is trying to achieve. For example, if
    the theological side of the science/theology link ASA is endeavouring to
    explore is clearly Bible-based theology, then the astrology question
    will take care of itself because the Bible-broken ASA member would know
    God's view on astrology, and, the astrologer would not feel in his place
    as an ASA member.