Re: New thread: Mathematical truth (Was a sin-off of Re: How Einstein and Hammond proved God exists)

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. (dfsiemensjr@juno.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 13:24:51 EDT

    George,
    If I restrict myself to your exclusion of temporal considerations, the
    answer is "Yes." But this is like the infamous "Have you quit beating
    your wife yet?" I contend that a proper view of the deity recognizes that
    the Creator is never surprised, indeed, cannot be surprised, whether by
    what is being studied in complexity theory or by the free choices of
    human beings. My question was posed to show that mathematics is a human
    activity, a task taken on by a subcreator.
    Dave