Re: Watershed

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Fri Jun 22 2001 - 17:49:07 EDT

    George,

    Thank you for these observations. However, I am completely at a loss to
    understand why you should think I regard others on this list as 'morons'
    and 'gross hypocrites'.

    When you challenge my claim that 'I deal only in self-evident truths',
    you appear to be forgetting the nature of the truths to which I refer.
    Do I understand you to challenge simple numerical facts? - as for
    example the precise relationships between symmetrical form and number
    that represent a substantial portion of my findings?; or these recent
    discoveries relating to 'pi' and 'e'? It would help if you were to
    explain yourself a little more clearly here. Regarding my considering
    the possibility that I might be wrong, I have not - simply because facts
    are facts!

    Clearly, it would appear that my recent posting has uncovered a
    psychological barrier (perhaps better known as 'cognitive dissonance')
    that some find hard to overcome. Thus, for no good reason (as far as I
    am aware), Michael and yourself regard my writings as 'offensive'. This,
    of course, implies that certain potentially interesting and important
    areas of investigation should be considered 'out of bounds' for the
    Christian. But is this really what Christ meant when he said, "... when
    he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth..."
    (John 16:13)?

    Shalom!

    Vernon

    http://www.otherbiblecode.com