Re: Watershed

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 19:30:33 EDT

    John,

    Both these dimensionless constants, pi and e, are transcendental
    numbers; in other words, neither can be defined precisely as the ratio
    of two integers, nor by any algebraic process. The numbers represented
    by the letters and words of biblical Hebrew and Greek are, of necessity,
    integers. Thus, by the procedure described, it is only possible to
    generate approximations of these constants. However, the fact that they
    are good approximations - bearing in mind the tight constraints imposed
    by the demands of the many other features of interest (revealed in
    earlier pages) - speaks volumes for the remarkable abilities of their
    author.

    Concerning these approximations, I estimate the 'odds against' them
    arising by chance to be around 10 billion to 1 - and that takes no
    account of the obvious textual association between the verses involved.

    John, I suspect you have not examined the evidence I have provided. If,
    and when, you do, you will find there are additional aspects to consider
    as, for example, some telling features of geometry and symbolism.

    I am surprised that you appear unable to temper your aversion to these
    findings with a little reason. Shouldn't all Christians approach any
    newly revealed body of self-evident truth with an open mind? - and
    particularly when it offers to lead to a better understanding of God's
    providence, works and ways?

    Regards

    Vernon

    http://www.otherbiblecode.com