Re: Fw: Arkansas Anti-Science Bill

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 13:52:17 EST

    It looks on the web page as though this bill came up today and failed to pass, though I do not know details of the Arkansas legislative procedures. However, it did receive a plurality of votes (over 40 for, 30 something against, and not quite 20 others identified as abstaining or present. Not sure what present means if they neither abstain nor vote for nor against.).

        Dr. David Campbell
        "Old Seashells"
        Biology Department
        Saint Mary's College of Maryland
        18952 E. Fisher Road
        St. Mary's City, MD 20686-3001 USA
        dcampbell@osprey.smcm.edu, 301 862-0372 Fax: 301 862-0996
    "Mollusks murmured 'Morning!'. And salmon chanted 'Evening!'."-Frank Muir, Oh My Word!