Re: Fw: Arkansas Anti-Science Bill

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Fri Mar 23 2001 - 09:59:55 EST

    Don Munro wrote:

    > Date: Thursday, March 22, 2001 1:20 PM
    > Subject: Arkansas Anti-Science Bill
    > This is to notify you of a situation that has come up in the Arkansas
    > House of Representative, and what we, a small group of people are
    > trying to do to stop this. This email contains a letter to all
    > concerned about the Arkansas House of Representatives and their
    > consideration of HB 2548 brought forth from Representative Jim Holt.
    > If you need to see the original bill, please go to www.arkansas.gov
    > and look under the House of Representatives for original amended
    > verbage. Thanks you,
    > Patrick C. Carr

            The title and opening sentences of this bill are a clever
    disguise, but it soon becomes obvious that it's the crudest sort of
    anti-evolution stuff without even the merit (such as it might be) of any
    positive argument for something like "creation science." It seems to me
    that instead of trying to amend it, it would be better to kill it as
    quickly as possible.

    Shalom,

    George

    George L. Murphy