Re: So. Baptist Spin on BOE Vote

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 13:46:05 EST

    Keith -- I was able just now to figure out a viable web site,
    http://www.sunflower.com/~jkrebs/

    from the one you mentioned in your post and I've been happily surfing
    around in there this morning.

    I was unaware that my old colleague from IBM, Tom Willis, had been
    involved in the Kansas fracas. I see now much more how the controversy
    proceeded. I've been on Tom's mailing list for his CSA NEWS for a number
    of years and TRIED to carry on a dialog with him on a couple of
    occasions. As you might suspect, I am not exactly a fan of CSA -- their
    stuff makes ICR seem like a paragon of scientific virtue. Let me say, at
    least, that Tom is not representative of most of us who spent our working
    lives with IBM.

    Anyway -- my curiosity has been fairly well satisfied. For the most part,
    I have to agree with the new standards, and the old ones, now that I've
    seen them, appear sort of silly. I continue to hold a different position
    from you on some of the issues, but I respect your position and I
    understand better now what is going on. The POSH objections, and your
    position between their criticism and your response, but those are not
    worth pursuing, at least not for me.

    I still wish John Wiester would enter in to these discussions.

    For anyone interested, the web sites I found the criticism-responses on
    are at

    criticism
    http://posh.roundearth.net/biology.htm

    response