(no subject)

From: Lucy Masters (masters@cox-internet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 10:04:35 EST

    Regarding the email which claims a teacher told a child that God does
    not exist because he cannot be seen:

    This type of communication is insulting to teachers everywhere. As a
    former science teacher and a former seminary student, my opinion is this
    type of communication is below the standards of this list. I have NEVER
    known a teacher to be stupid enough to make this type of comment to a
    child. If the logic held fast, then air would also not exist because it
    cannot be seen.

    I found the email childish and typical of emotionally charged
    fundamentalist thought. Please raise the bar on our interactions.