Re: More on Gosse's OMPHALOS

From: David F Siemens (dfsiemensjr@juno.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 21:18:38 EST

    Gordon,
    I found your response most interesting. Nothing that I know about is more
    rigorously determined than the decimal value of pi, yet I understand that
    the sequence passes all known tests for randomness. It looks as though we
    cannot tell the difference between random and determinate sequences
    without knowing how they were arrived at. If this observation expresses a
    valid principle, then what we take to be a series of random events may be
    determined by "forces" of which we are not aware. It follows that God
    cannot be lying about "accidents" just because we think we've discovered
    randomness.
    Dave