Re: PCA Creation Report

From: Keith B Miller (kbmill@ksu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 14:22:04 EST

    >Jack wrote: "I have placed the Presbyterian Church of America Report on
    >Creation at the ASA web site. "
    >
    >Jack -- it would seem to me that this is a "good" thing, but that reports
    >by other denominational bodies ought also to appear there. I don't know
    >that the PCUSA (my denomination) has such a statement, but I do know we
    >have a sister organization to the ASA which may well have created one.

    The book "Voices for Evolution" published by the National Center for
    Science Education has official statements by the following denominational
    bodies: Episcopal Church General Convention, Lutheran World Federation,
    Roman Catholic Church, United Methodist Church, and United Presbyterian
    Church USA. I know that there are others as well.

    It would be a good idea to post such statments or links to them on the web page.

    Keith

    Keith B. Miller
    Department of Geology
    Kansas State University