Re: More on Gosse's OMPHALOS

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 11:29:42 EST

    Ian posted: "Now evolution, of course, is supposed to be a random
    process,
    where the only directing force is selection pressure. But here, we are
    postulating that God has a Hand in it too, so it turns out to the outcome
    He
    wishes, and that thereby, Adam is "created". So now what you have is the
    appearance of a random process, but which is not random, but guided
    subtly
    by God in a manner so it appears to be random. To parody Einstein's
    famous
    quote "God does not play at dice", we find that "God plays dice most of
    the
    time, but sometimes He cheats and gets aways with it". To me, that also
    seems deceptive."

    Interesting concept. I'll have to think on that one.

    >> As I argued before, the Emmaus Road experience is
    deceptive, in that they are prevented from recognising Christ. >>

    Makes sense to me.

    Burgy (John Burgeson)

    GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.